Friday, August 22, 2008

An Historical Recreation of the World's Greatest City

http://www.byzantium1200.com/


There you go. Just go to that website and be treated to a fantastic picture of what Constantinople might have been in the late 12th century. Many vivid images based on solid archaeological evidence and eyewitness written accounts. Check it out, you won't be sorry (even those who have no passion for Byzantine history will enjoy this).

4 comments:

Mahan Family said...

It was quite interesting, even though I otherwise have little interest in Byz. history. How are your classes going so far? Congrats to H. for her promotion - she'll be running that place soon!! :)

Ioannes_Ahenobarbus said...

Dad said the exact same thing about Hilary running the bank! Classes start in about two hours, so I will let you know then.

Mahan Family said...

If I were to have a child with a power, I'd rather it be the whole instant learning one. That one is cool - I'd love to have a kid that could make those tomato rosettes! We're only on episode 5 now, so maybe there are other better ones still out there...

Mahan Family said...

Re: the crying thing, I'm sure you're okay after your teachers walk you in, too...