Nice rhyme, no?
OK, so the town hall presidential debate between Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama was on tonight (Tuesday, October 7th). Some might disagree, but it seems to me that Mac came out the victor.
Concerning the economy, it seems that it was 'he said, (s)he said' situation, even if Obama's record does condemn him to being one of the most liberal senators in the United States (on other issues, as well). Obama really did not dispute this, either.
Energy was a hot topic tonight. McCain favored the 'drill, baby, drill' policy as well as moving to alternative energy, emphasizing nuclear power. (Just for the record, I have supported an increase in reliance upon nuclear power since the seventh grade. No, seriously.) Obama mentioned nothing new.
Foreign policy has almost always been my favorite topic. Hands down, McCain pummeled Obama on these issues. Let me use a stark simile: If the debate was a Vietnam War movie, one candidate played the grizzled veteran, the other, the naive recruit who blows himself up with a grenade.
From my very brief comments, it is clear I favor McCain. I have for some time now and I apologize for my bias. But a rational human being, who happens to be a citizen of the United States, who likes lower taxes, who supports the war effort, who does not like partisan politics/politicians, and who appreciates and respects traditional American (and fundamentally Christian) values, can not logically vote for Barack Obama.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Are you really voting Republican?? JOHN?!?!? Until I read your blog, I felt for sure you were "leaning Obama", as the CNN political analysts like to say.
John Baker for President 2032. Running mate...Gabe Mahan. Kennedy hair, sense of humor, ladies love him, has a keen grasp of the issues. It would be an unstoppable ticket.
I will run on the 'Byzantine Bureaucracy' slogan, referring of course to those darn liberals and their desire to increase government.
Post a Comment