Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Disappointment

Well, tonight's debate was surprisingly dull. I was hoping for something a bit more entertaining than, basically, a rehash of the most recent debate. Say, if McCain began slapping Obama for his little smirks, all the while yelling incomprehensible Vietnamese insults - that would have been nice. Or at least some harsh grilling concerning the ACORN or William Ayers issues.

But no. We get Bob Schieffer. Bob-freakin-Schieffer! I mean, come on! And what was with his questions? Why were they so indirect? Was he intending for the American people to find some great revelation within the microcosmic questions he delivered? He must have forgotten where he put the actual questions, after neglecting to take his ginkgo biloba supplement.

Here is an actual, incredibly official transcript exerpt:

Moderator (Schieffer): How do your feelings toward Godzilla movies help the American people view your would-be administration? Senator McCain, we will start with you.

Sen. McCain: Look, I'm a war hero, look at my record. Senator Obama is a liberal turd, look at his record. Look at my record, then look at his record.

Moderator: Senator Obama, reply.

Sen. Obama: No I'm not. I'm not a liberal. I am actually Ronald Reagan in disguise. And that is a fundamental difference between Senator McCain and I. (Smirk)

Moderator: ZZZzzzz.....

In short, the debate was lame. Obama just repeated the same opinions he gave last time, added a few things/mistruths (saying he was never for abortion?), and played it safe. And smirked. McCain took a few shots, but nothing drastic. He should have went for the jugular like a starving lion. After all, if you believe the polls ('Obama gains an unprecedented 103% lead' says NYT poll), McCain had nothing to lose. Oh well. All we have to do now is wait until November 4th and see what else happens.

No comments: